Eemax water heaters are designed to provide hot water on demand, without the need for a storage tank. They are energy-efficient, compact, and easy to install. However, like any appliance, they may encounter some issues from time to time. One of the most common problems is when the water heater starts blinking red light, indicating a fault or error.
In this blog post, we will explain what the blinking red light means, what causes it, and how to troubleshoot and fix it. We will also answer some frequently asked questions about Eemax water heaters and their performance.
Table of Contents
The blinking red light on your Eemax water heater is a diagnostic indicator that tells you what kind of error or fault the unit is experiencing. Depending on the model and the type of error, the light may blink in different patterns or colors. For example, some models may blink red and green alternately, while others may blink red only.
The blinking red light can indicate one of the following errors:
The water heater has detected that the water temperature is too high and has shut off to prevent damage or injury.
The water heater has detected that the current draw is too high and has shut off to protect the circuit.
The water heater has detected that one of the heating elements is not working properly and has shut off to prevent overheating.
The water heater has detected a leakage of current to the ground and has shut off to prevent electric shock.
The blinking red light can be caused by various factors, such as:
Faulty wiring or connections
If the wires or connectors are loose, damaged, or corroded, they may cause a short circuit or a ground fault, triggering the blinking red light.
Faulty thermostat or sensor
If the thermostat or sensor is malfunctioning, they may cause inaccurate readings of the water temperature or current draw, triggering the blinking red light.
Faulty heating element
If the heating element is burned out, broken, or clogged, it may cause an open element error or an over temperature error, triggering the blinking red light.
High water pressure
If the water pressure is too high, it may cause the water to flow too fast through the unit, causing an over temperature error or an over current error, triggering the blinking red light.
Low water flow
If the water flow is too low, it may cause the water to stay too long in the unit, causing an over temperature error or an open element error, triggering the blinking red light.
The first step to troubleshoot and fix the blinking red light is to identify what kind of error it indicates. You can do this by referring to your user manual or contacting Eemax customer service. Once you know what kind of error you are dealing with, you can follow these steps to try to fix it:
- Turn off the power supply to the unit and wait for a few minutes.
- Check the wiring and connections for any signs of damage or corrosion. If you find any, replace them or contact a qualified electrician.
- Check the thermostat and sensor for any signs of damage or malfunction. If you find any, replace them or contact Eemax customer service.
- Check the heating element for any signs of damage or clogging. If you find any, replace it or contact Eemax customer service.
- Check the water pressure and flow rate for any abnormalities. If they are too high or too low, adjust them according to your user manual or contact your plumber.
- Turn on the power supply to the unit and test it for normal operation. If the blinking red light persists, contact Eemax customer service for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions that users have about Eemax water heaters and their performance:
Q: How long do Eemax water heaters last?
A: Eemax water heaters are designed to last for up to 10 years with proper maintenance and care. However, this may vary depending on your usage patterns, water quality, and environmental conditions.
Q: How do I maintain my Eemax water heater?
A: To maintain your Eemax water heater in good condition, you should:
- Flush it regularly to remove any sediment or scale buildup that may affect its performance or efficiency.
- Replace any worn out or damaged parts as soon as possible to prevent further damage or malfunction.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation, operation, and safety precautions.
Q: How do I flush my Eemax water heater?
A: Flushing your Eemax water heater is a simple process that can help prevent sediment or scale buildup that may affect its performance or efficiency. To flush your Eemax water heater, you should:
- Turn off the power supply to the unit and close the water supply valve.
- Connect a hose to the drain valve and place the other end in a bucket or a sink.
- Open the drain valve and let the water flow out until it runs clear.
- Close the drain valve and disconnect the hose.
- Open the water supply valve and turn on the power supply to the unit.
Q: What are the benefits of Eemax water heaters?
A: Eemax water heaters have many benefits, such as:
- They provide hot water on demand, without wasting energy or water by heating and storing it in a tank.
- They are compact and easy to install, saving space and reducing installation costs.
- They are energy-efficient and eco-friendly, reducing your carbon footprint and utility bills.
- They are durable and reliable, lasting for up to 10 years with proper maintenance and care.
Q: How do I install my Eemax water heater?
A: Installing your Eemax water heater is a straightforward process that can be done by yourself or by a qualified professional. To install your Eemax water heater, you should:
- Choose a suitable location for the unit, preferably close to the point of use and with adequate ventilation and clearance.
- Mount the unit on the wall using the provided brackets and screws.
- Connect the water supply pipes to the inlet and outlet ports of the unit, using Teflon tape or pipe dope to seal the connections.
- Connect the power supply wires to the terminal block of the unit, following the wiring diagram in your user manual or on the label of the unit.
- Turn on the water supply and check for any leaks. If you find any, tighten or replace the connections as needed.
- Turn on the power supply and test the unit for normal operation.
Q: How do I adjust the temperature of my Eemax water heater?
A: Adjusting the temperature of your Eemax water heater is a simple process that can be done by using the knob or buttons on the front panel of the unit. To adjust the temperature of your Eemax water heater, you should:
- Turn on a hot water faucet near the unit and wait for a few seconds until the water reaches a steady flow.
- Turn the knob or press the buttons on the front panel of the unit to increase or decrease the temperature setting. The display will show you the current temperature in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Check the temperature of the water at the faucet using a thermometer or your hand. If it is too hot or too cold, adjust it accordingly until you reach your desired temperature.