Eemax is a brand of electric tankless water heaters that provide instant and continuous hot water for residential and commercial applications. Eemax water heaters are energy-efficient, compact, and easy to install and maintain.
However, like any appliance, Eemax water heaters may encounter some problems that affect their performance and functionality. If your Eemax water heater is not working properly, you may experience issues such as no hot water, low water pressure, water leaks, or error codes.
In this blog post, we will show you how to troubleshoot and fix some common problems with your Eemax water heater. We will also provide some tips to help you keep your Eemax water heater in good condition.
How to Troubleshoot an Eemax Water Heater
Before you start troubleshooting your Eemax water heater, make sure that you turn off the power supply to the unit at the circuit breaker panel. This will prevent electric shock or damage to the unit.
Then, follow these steps to identify and resolve the problem:
Step 1: Check the Indicator Light
The indicator light on your Eemax water heater shows whether the unit is receiving power and heating water. If the indicator light does not come on when you turn on the hot water faucet, it means that there is no power to the unit.
To fix this problem, check the following:
- Make sure that the circuit breaker switch is turned on at the circuit panel. If it is tripped or off, reset or turn it on.
- Make sure that the wiring connections are secure and correct. If they are loose or crossed, tighten or correct them.
- Make sure that the voltage and amperage of the power supply match the specifications of the unit. If they are too low or too high, contact an electrician to adjust them.
Step 2: Adjust the Temperature Setting
If the indicator light does come on but you are receiving no hot water or lukewarm water, it means that the temperature setting of the unit is too low or too high.
To fix this problem, adjust the temperature setting according to your preference and needs. You can use a flathead screwdriver to turn the temperature adjustment screw on the front panel of the unit. Turn it clockwise to increase the temperature and counterclockwise to decrease it.
You can also use a digital thermometer to measure the actual water temperature at the faucet and compare it with the desired temperature. The ideal water temperature for most uses is between 105°F and 120°F.
Step 3: Replace the Heating Element
If the indicator light does come on but you are receiving no hot water or very little hot water, it means that the heating element of the unit is faulty or burned out.
To fix this problem, you will need to replace the heating element with a new one. You can order a replacement heating element from Eemax or from an authorized dealer.
To replace the heating element, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power supply to the unit at the circuit breaker panel.
- Turn off the water supply to the unit at the shut-off valve.
- Open a hot water faucet to relieve any pressure in the pipes.
- Remove the front cover of the unit by unscrewing it from the unit.
- Disconnect the wires from the heating element terminals by loosening the screws or nuts.
- Unscrew the heating element from the unit by using a wrench or a socket.
- Insert the new heating element into the unit and tighten it securely.
- Reconnect the wires to the heating element terminals by tightening the screws or nuts.
- Replace the front cover of the unit by screwing it to the unit.
- Turn on the water supply to the unit at the shut-off valve.
- Turn on the power supply to the unit at the circuit breaker panel.
- Test the unit for proper operation and check for any leaks.
Step 4: Contact Eemax Technical Support
If none of the above steps solve your problem, or if you encounter any error codes on your Eemax water heater, you may need to contact Eemax technical support for further assistance. You can call their toll-free number at 1-800-543-6163 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also need to provide them with some information about your unit, such as:
- The model number and serial number of your unit. You can find them on a label inside or outside the unit.
- The date and place of purchase of your unit. You may need to show your receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.
- The description and symptoms of your problem. You may need to explain what you have tried and what results you have obtained.
Q: What is an Eemax water heater?
A: An Eemax water heater is an electric tankless water heater that provides instant and continuous hot water for residential and commercial applications. Eemax water heaters are energy-efficient, compact, and easy to install and maintain.
Q: How does an Eemax water heater work?
A: An Eemax water heater works by heating water on demand, without storing any hot water in a tank. When you turn on a hot water faucet, cold water flows through a pipe into the unit, where it passes through one or more heating elements that heat it up to the desired temperature. The hot water then flows out of the unit to the faucet.
Q: How do I install an Eemax water heater?
A: To install an Eemax water heater, you will need to follow these steps:
- Choose a suitable location for your unit, preferably close to the point of use and near an electrical outlet and a water supply line.
- Mount your unit on a wall or under a sink by using screws or brackets provided by Eemax or by purchasing them separately.
- Connect your unit to the electrical outlet by using wires and connectors provided by Eemax or by purchasing them separately. You may need to hire an electrician to do this step if you are not familiar with electrical wiring.
- Connect your unit to the water supply line by using pipes and fittings provided by Eemax or by purchasing them separately. You may need to hire a plumber to do this step if you are not familiar with plumbing work.
- Turn on the power supply and the water supply to your unit and test it for proper operation and check for any leaks.
Q: How do I maintain an Eemax water heater?
A: To maintain an Eemax water heater, you will need to follow these tips:
- Clean your unit regularly by wiping it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents that may damage the surface or components of your unit.
- Flush your unit periodically by running vinegar or a descaling solution through it. This will remove any mineral deposits or scale that may build up inside your unit and affect its performance and efficiency.
- Replace your heating element as needed by following the steps in Step 3 above. This will ensure that your unit heats water effectively and safely.
Q: What are some common problems with Eemax water heaters?
A: Some common problems with Eemax water heaters are:
- No hot water or low water pressure. This may be caused by a power outage, a tripped circuit breaker, a faulty heating element, a clogged filter, a low flow rate, or a high demand for hot water.
- Water leaks. This may be caused by loose or damaged connections, fittings, pipes, valves, or gaskets.
- Error codes. This may be caused by various issues such as overheating, overloading, short circuiting, grounding, sensor failure, or communication failure.